You know the who, what, when and why. But where are you going direct guests on your upcoming wedding invitations? Selecting your perfect wedding reception site is not always as simple as booking the local park, function hall or hotel ballroom. Couples today crave originality – and this often starts with the reception locale. But beware when touring those off-the-trodden-path potential reception sites, read on for the top questions to ask before you book.
- Are there separate spaces for the cocktail hour and dinner?
- Where are good photo spots onsite?
- Are there any restrictions on decorating?
- Do vendors for the site need to be chosen from a particular list? If so, get a copy of that list.
- How many guests can the location support?
- Are other events booked for this site on the same day? If so, when?
- Where do guests park?
- What are the bathroom arrangements?
- Is the space currently available on your chosen date(s)?
- Is there a nearby space where the bride and groom can get ready?
- What type of sound system and dance floor does the space provide?
- Is there a strict cutoff time at which guests must leave?
'Spring Apple Blossom' by Amanda Zoss
'Sunflower Time' by Linda Facci
'Urban Chic' by Sandra Roth
When you do find your perfect wedding reception site, give your guests a sneak peek into this special place by selecting a custom wedding invitation that evokes the feeling of your locale. Consider ‘Spring Apple Blossom’ if your celebration will take you to a fruit orchard. Pick ‘Sunflower Time’ for a rustic wedding at a relative’s country estate or farm. Go with ‘Urban Chic’ if you decide on a city space for your special day.
Wherever you choose to celebrate your special day, shop LookLoveSend for a diverse selection of wedding stationery printed on high-quality paper stock. And click on the button below to enter our monthly sweepstakes for a chance to win $500 off your wedding stationery order.