Have you ever been one of the last guests to leave a wedding reception, only to see dozens of faux gold picture frames left sitting on the tables? A new trend in wedding favors is the edible treat offered to guests as they leave the party. Like wedding tastingbars, this is a highly original way to share your personality with party guests. And leaving your guests with a tasty treat is a thoughtful farewell and sure to leave a great lasting impression.
This edible favor could be something highly meaningful to the married couple, such as a treat particularly enjoyed during childhood, something reminiscent of where they grew up, or representative of the wedding location. Consider reception site staff availability to determine whether you choose a favor that can be set out on display ahead of time for guests to take on their way out, or something that is prepared for guests just before departure.
Some ideas by wedding type.
- Late night wedding celebration that goes well into the a.m. hours: a breakfast taco to refuel those late night dancers.
- Winter wedding in cold January temps: hot chocolate and a cookie
- Daytime summer wedding in the heat of July: a bottle of water and chilled fruit kebab
- Fall wedding: a gourmet caramel apple
- Traditional Cape Cod wedding: Selection of salt water taffy flavors
- A classic choice that would suit almost every wedding theme and style is the wedding-themed chocolate-covered strawberry such as those shown by
- . Speaking from personal experience, these berries are beautifully shipped in perfect conditions and could be easily bagged and tied to make a sweet and elegant parting gesture.
Do checkout some of our other blogs for more wedding planning ideas and trends. And if you’re planning your own wedding and still need wedding invitations, visit our growing collection available on LookLoveSend.com. Our current offer is free shipping on all orders of card quantities greater than 50.